Sunday 10 February 2013

Dorset Buttons With A Difference





Each week at City and Guilds we have 'Show and Tell'
of the previous weeks samples and this week
we were looking at the buttons made and fastenings.
I demonstrated Dorset Buttons and as you can see
Gill has made some of her own and in different ways.
I was taught these when I did my City and Guilds and have used them ever
since and in many different ways myself. 
I use them as embellishments,
they often appear in my sculptures or in part on my embroideries.
I love teaching Textiles and seeing the skills interpreted in many ways.



2 comments:

  1. How very interesting. I have seen these buttons, but did not realize how they are made. Beautiful, Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Judy. They are all unique although they were all taught the same technique. Thats what I love about sharing and teaching.
    Best wishes, Jane

    ReplyDelete