Saturday 25 August 2012

Dragon Skin



I have been showing different techniques from the start of my classes and this is one of my favourite techniques because it so quick. Ironing different recycled plastics and foils then decorating the results. They are always different and contort into some amazing pieces to use in embroidery and mixed media art work.
Make sure you do this in a well ventilated room and you protect your iron and ironing board with baking parchment. Sandwich the plastic in between the paper and iron with a hot iron. Be careful as some plastics melt quickly. It is a matter of trial and error to find which ones work best. I colour them with oil pastels, acrylic paint and angellina fibres to really get the iridescent effects.
See more inspiration on my website www.art2inspire.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment